function dbxInitiate(gid){ container = document.getElementById(gid); if(container == null) { return; } eles2 = container.getElementsByTagName('h2'); for(var i=0;i

One Hit Wonders Part 1

Posted by Artster63

I'm presenting to you the first in a 5 part series of... One Hit Wonders from the 1970's. Some of these songs/groups were so great you wonder how they didn't stick around. People, there's plenty of memories here for you to enjoy. Please feel free to share your thoughts if a certain song reminds you of something great or in the least a "warm fuzzy". These are considered Pop/Rock classics. Back in those days that was the genre. Enjoy! I will share subsequent listings alternately.

Videos (For the visual blogger)




Music Player (For the "I just need to hear it" blogger)


This entry was posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

"Alive and Kicking", "Sweet Mary", and "Gimme Dat Ding" are among my favorites. Esp. the latter because it's so out there. An even wilder one-hit wonder from the 70s that I love is "Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)" by Daddy Dewdrop.

Malcolm-

Definitely good ones. I like to hear some of Ray Stevens' classics also. The Streak, The Mississippi Squirrel Revival and I'm My Own Grandpa.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a good one.