function dbxInitiate(gid){ container = document.getElementById(gid); if(container == null) { return; } eles2 = container.getElementsByTagName('h2'); for(var i=0;i

Sunday Serenades

Posted by Artster63

Man has it been a while or what? Too long since I've had a chance to hit the keys and share some of my favorite tunes, albums and artists with you all. Hope you diehards are doing well. Thanks for keeping 70's Classic Rock alive.

As I sit here on a Sunday reviewing resumes of folks I'm looking to hire, I've got a plethora of classic tunes playing on my iPod in the background. This is one of the songs that sticks out. Skynyrd's "Simple Man". Real basic, down-to-earth lyrics with a great tempo. The rest of the album, One More From The Road, is a must have for any Skynyrd fan. Of course if you're a fan you've probably already worn the grooves off of several of these albums.

Up next is Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps". I actually won this album from a Chicago radio station back in the very early 80's. Great mix of moods and styles from Neil. "Hey, Hey, My, My (Into the Black)" is my favorite with the raspy, Big Muff effects.

Hey guys, by no means are these album reviews. I just wanted to drop a few lines from the ole' Artster and share a little something, something with you. Hopefully I'll be back writing regularly real soon. Oh before I forget, keep your eyes open for the Brunette and my Winter Concert Series we'll have coming up soon.

Peace.





* As always, if you enjoy the artist and their music, help support their work by purchasing the album.

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 15, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Looking forward to the resumption of your concert series entries. Those posts always inspired me to take time out, crack a beer and listen to the artist that you featured.

Good to see you back, sir.

Hey Sean,

Thanks for stopping by. Glad to hear you can take advantage of some of the great classic concerts we post. I look forward to hearing more feedback and suggestions when we roll the series out.

Have a good one.

They sure don't write like that any more.. great stuff.

Hmm, Art. The name rings a bell...oh yeah! I remember you! ;)

This is one of the best songs of all time.

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!
mp3 download

Nice Post
Enjoyable
Thanks for good stuff

Great blog. I am now following this blog. I hope to see more Lynyrd Skynrd videos. I Love to see sweet home alabama live. :) Thanks for sharing. keep on rockin!

i've always had an addiction to this sort of music. I love the old stuff especially lynard skynard and BTO I just wish they still made music this good